Monday, June 27, 2011

A Season of Singing


"Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land." Song of Solomon 2:12

As the Spring season is past, many of my friends have found themselves lost in the whole idea of Ring by Spring. I'm sure you've heard of it. Wedding bells seem to float on the breeze wherever I turn. Being a romantic, myself, I love going to weddings. They are most beautiful when there is an atmosphere of holiness that rests over the ceremony.

I know some say that when they hear a friend is engaged they have to fake their happiness and are inwardly groaning, wishing that it could be them who could give such news. I'm convinced such thoughts are wounding to our heart and spirit. We certainly are not taking every thought captive. So that brings me to why I am writing this blog.

I've decided that I don't want to miss the things the Lord is bringing into bloom in my life by being distracted by rings and wedding bells and bridal showers. While I rejoice with my dear friends who find themselves in this place, I do not want to find that my heart is ravished by envy, jealousy, or any sort of wishing.

Instead of turning my eyes to things I wish I had, to the right or to the left, I want to set my eyes on Christ and to His purposes. So my blog is a way for me to give voice to the beauty of the flowers the Creator is bringing into my life.  To relish in His goodness and to move my eyes from a place beyond myself and to the God who sings over me. I look forward to stepping into a season of singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment